Terms & Conditions
By registering to participate in the Chessdraft platform ("the Game") you agree to be bound by and to abide by the following terms and conditions.
Applications and Registration
1. All applications to participate in the Game must be made online on the Chessdraft website at www.chessdraft.co ("the Site") and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions. Where your application is accepted, you will become known as a “User” in the terms below.
2. Entry into the Game is open to all. Please see terms 22-24 if you are less than 18 years of age, as these are extra terms which will apply to you when playing the Game.
3. No purchase of any item or service is necessary in order to enter the Game and no payment is required from you to enter the Game.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for incomplete entries during a tournament.
5. Only one entry per Tournament per unique registered user of the Site is permitted, in respect of the Game.
6. The Chessdraft reserves the right to suspend and delete Users that contain Usernames which are deemed to be inappropriate or offensive. Depending on the seriousness of the situation, the user’s account may be deleted in its entirety without notice. Any such decision to do by the Chessdraft is final.
7. In the event that (other than in the circumstances at term 6 above) Usernames are deemed unsuitable the Chessdraft may reject such Usernames. Any names so rejected may be changed and notified to the Chessdraft within seven days. In the event that the alternative name is again rejected (at the Chessdraft discretion) the relevant applicant will be treated as being in breach of these terms and conditions.
9. All users entering the Game obtain a ranking index named Fantasy Chess Rating (FCR). This index starts from number 1300 for every user, and increases or decreases depending on the outcome of the user’s team in every tournament. According to the Fantasy Chess Rating, we are exporting the World Ranking Index, a dynamic ranking list, including all chess managers who take part in Chessdraft platform, from higher to lower FCR.
All users are subject to their FCR in the World Ranking Index being automatically entered into a “Season League”. A Season League is simply a mini-league named after the period entered by the User when registering a team in a specific tournament. The Chessdraft may choose to offer a prize to the overall winner of such Season Leagues. The nature of the prize and the countries selected for this purpose are at the sole discretion of Chessdraft. There is no opt-out from a Season League, but participation in no way obligates the User to receive marketing communications from Chessdraft unless otherwise indicated during registration.
10. The Chessdraft strongly encourages users not to join fantasy chess tournaments with entry fees and cannot be held responsible for their management or any loss suffered through users’ involvement in such tournaments.
The Game Rules
11. The Game will be governed by the Game Rules from time to time published on the Site by Chessdraft ("Game Rules"). Chessdraft reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the Game Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion in the event of any circumstances beyond its reasonable control arising or where it considers it desirable to do so. You agree that no liability shall attach to Chessdraft as a result of any such change and so are advised to check the Game Rules regularly from time to time. The Game Rules form part of these terms and conditions.
12. The Chessdraft will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of the Game Rules and any aspect of the content of, or playing of, the Game. Chessdraft will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Game Rules including but not limited to the allocation of points to any User and/or the award of any Prize and/or any ranking or league table shall be final and conclusive.
Prizes and Winner's Details
13. The prizes awarded in respect of the Game ("Prizes"), if any, will be at the discretion of Chessdraft and Tournament Organizers from time to time and Chessdraft reserves the right to alter and amend the Prizes where circumstances beyond its reasonable control require it to do so.
14. The first, second and third Prize ("Winner's Prizes") will be awarded to the Users who according to the Chessdraft determination are at the top three positions of the leaderboard published by Chessdraft platform at the end of each chess Tournament. Proof of age will be required for the Winner's Prize.
15. The Winner's Prizes, if any, will be settled from chess tournament Organizers or Sponsors in close cooperation with the Chessdraft before tournament starts.
16. The Season Prize, if any, will be awarded to the User who according to the Chessdraft determination is at the top of the World Ranking index published by the Chessdraft at the end of each year period during the season. The exact timing of this is at the discretion of the Chessdraft.
17. If in the event:
a) more than one User is at the top of the final leader board; or
b) there is a tie for the runner up prizes,
the relevant prizes shall be awarded to those teams which were first register on the specific Tournament. Chessdraft decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Prizes are not transferable and are non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances.
19. Winners will be notified of their success by email in respect of the Tournament Prizes. After that, they must confirm their contact details prior to the Prize in question being delivered.
20. The winners' names, only if asked by, will be acquainted to the Tournament Organizer or Sponsor, and not on the Chessdraft platform.
21. If you are under 18, then the above Prizes information will apply differently to you should you win a Prize. Please see terms 22-24 below.
22. If you are under 18 years of age, then you are welcome to enter the Game, but you should carefully read these terms, and ensure that your parent or responsible guardian also does so, before submitting your application.
23. You will be eligible to win the Prizes provided:
a. that they do not contain cash, and they will in no circumstances be substituted for cash; and
b. we receive written consent from your parent or guardian confirming that they were happy for you to play the Game and to receive the Prize.
24. You will only be eligible for the Prize if we receive written consent from your parent or guardian confirming that:
a. they were happy for you to play the Game;
b. that they are happy for you to receive the winner’s Prize
Responsibility and Remedies
25. The extent of Chessdraft responsibility to you has been determined in the context of the following:
a. the Game is provided to you free of charge;
b. you are responsible for any action you do or do not take as a result of the Game and the information therein;
c. you are responsible for ensuring that your equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software.
26. While Chessdraft will endeavor to ensure that the Game is available to you at all times and that the contents are correct and accurate, it cannot make any legal commitment to you that this will be the case. However, Chessdraft will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to you.
27. The Chessdraft cannot accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your entry to the Game:
a. Loss which was not foreseeable to you and Chessdraft when you first applied for the Game (even if that loss results from Chessdraft failure to comply with these terms or its negligence);
b. Any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits, or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of Chessdraft default);
c. Loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence or breach of statutory duty;
d. Any loss which you may suffer as a result of or in connection with or arising out of any Prize.
28. Nothing in these terms will limit Chessdraft liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or if they deliberately lied to you before you entered.
29. Any breach by you of the Game Rules from time to time shall also be a breach of these terms and conditions.
30. In the event of any breach by you of these terms and conditions Chessdraft reserves the right to:
a. take any action like:
1.temporarily or permanently suspend your access
2.delete any of your data
3.require any of your future actions to be pre-vetted;
4.take any other action against your account as it sees fit.
b. refuse entry to the Game;
c. disqualify you from the Game;
d. require any reasonable amendment to your application or entry.
If you are barred or disqualified from entry, you shall not be eligible to participate in the Game under any other identity or team name. Any such decision by Chessdraft shall be final.
31. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.